Wednesday 20 February 2013

Losing It by Cara Carmack

This one wasn't really for me ...

It wasn't even that comfortable of a read, I don't know if it's because the book I read before was a psychological thriller, but I just didn't feel this one.

I believe too much bits and pieces were missing. Time was going and I didn't even know it.

I get what the storyline was gonna be about, but I had hope there would be a little bit more substance and a build up in the story.

Everything felt rush and as such I didn't enjoy this one.

I however appreciated the fact that the talk of 'losing it' wasn't mentioned much throughout the book.

With that said though, there was still too much missing for me.

I found myself re-reading the shortest of dialogues (which I now realize might have been the climax, still not sure), just grasping for some excitement and drama.

Even the unwanted finding out about a secret affair, that was suppose to leave us believing they both could lose things, was just a mention.

I honestly don't think if this story was reworded, it would make a difference.

This was just a weak story that did the best it was destined to do .

Still, I always say try a thing for yourself before you can pass judgement, so if you want, you can still check it out!

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16034964-losing-it

No comments:

Post a Comment