Friday 15 March 2013

Boycotts and Barflies by Victoria Michaels

Totally unlike me. but I took 4 days to read this book.

Anyways ....

It wasn't a complete bore, but it wasn't the most heart stopping either. With little to no drama it mostly made me laugh.

I'm not too sure where the climax of this book was, and so my emotions on a hold were either funny or flat.

I honestly believe that all of them failed the boycott before the end came, because as far as I can see, they were all dating, which was the number one rule of the boycott anyway.

Personally, I hate third person writing, because it seems very impersonal. As such, I wasn't a fan of the writing style.

The characters were there, but I didn't really connect with any of them. At the end of this book, I had some laughs, got some ideas and completed a book, but that's about it.
I never connected with any of the characters and I could go on reading, but not because I want to, but because I didn't really feel a closure. Like what happen after the winner of the bet is revealed and their prize is claimed?

I got some laughs, but I wasn't too feeling this one. a little more emotion could have been placed in this. It was really flat and not what I expected at all .. like where's the spice?
Afterall, its suppose to be a book about a boys and barflies boycott, but all I got was six unemotional people trying to make it seem like they are still in a bet that they all pretty much lose the day they met.

Still, don't knock it till you try it!

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/8137209-boycotts-barflies

No comments:

Post a Comment