Sunday 3 March 2013

The Trouble with Flirting by Claire LaZebnik

This was a great flirty read.

It wasn't over done and was done in very good taste.

I enjoyed this entire book and was surprised when it all ended. I actually felt like the characters and wanted more, even though I know that anymore would have probably spoilt the book.

It was edited beautifully and had no excess scenes.

I loved the character developments and how even though three (3) of the characters knew each other before, it still seemed like a first encounter into what could become beautiful friendships.

I love Harry and Franny (hate that name) characters, and how unorthodox their relationship developed. It was full of cliche without actually being cliche (don't know if that made any sense)

I think the characters handled their selves very well for the age group and I almost forgot they were 17 and 18 year old.

The small and not overly exaggerated theater moments were welcomed and done with a lot of finesse and class.

It was a pleasure to know that even with the drama (which was very low key), they were all still able to set their differences aside and be friends. Their maturity was remarkable for a teen filled novel.

Not being full of angst and too much teenage love scenarios, this book could easily be read by readers who aren't too fond of this genre.

I also appreciated that it wasn't full of sex for a summer book and that these characters would make any parent proud.

I also enjoyed the first two chapters of Epic Fail at the end of the novel and have decided to give it a try.

Never read anything from Ms. LaZabnik before, but I am so far impressed and look forward to another novel from her.

I know a good read when I see one, and this one is a good read!

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15819621-the-trouble-with-flirting

No comments:

Post a Comment