Thursday 8 August 2013

Escaping Reality By Lisa Renee Jones

I sat on this one and tried to think it through before I came to a conclusion, and I am still not sure but here goes nothing!

I liked this story. I was interested in where it was going and what each character and turn meant. Afterall, who doesn't like a good puzzle. Still, I have to say I am a little disappointed that we didn't get to find out everything that happened, then follow Amy on her adventure to clear it all up. But, I am still interested enough to wait on the next book in the series.

We spent a lot of time in the mind of Amy Benson, but it was comfortable. Even with the repetition of starting over, facing the past and being watched or uncertain, I hardly felt that fear factor and felt more confused because I don't know whose side to take and how everyone comes into play. There was too many coincidences for my liking and not enough information to go on.

Amy was a ... let's say complicated character. She doesn't really fit a mold. She is who she needs to be when she needs to be. I like Liam also and I can see them together, but I am so on edge that I feel as though I can't trust anyone in this story.

Liam is ... intense and not your average Joe. He is an enigma and I am not sure if it's good or bad yet. I feel his care for Amy, but I am not convince as to his intentions. I, However, like Amy, love his tattoo and the originality of it all.

This story gets off to a high paced start, that has you on edge, but somewhere along the line it turns into a love story and we spend so much time trying to learn what Amy is hiding that before we know it, we forget she is running from something dangerous and just like that the story is ending and now we have wait to put it all together. I don't know where the time went!

Losing time came more as a shock, because there were times where we went without entire conversations and confrontations, but when you do, they were good and not just their to hold space. I loved the banter and hidden messages shared between her and Liam and how he handles his life and took over hers.

Even though the rush calmed down once we got into the novel, their relationship stayed on a fast track, and by the end of this book, I can truly say I have no clue or idea as to what is going to happen and if she will even be able to leave the State before she is found. I have gotten so use to the uncertainty and being kept in the dark that a continuation doesn't even bother me that much ... then again, I'm dying to know what's gonna happen when Liam catches up to her ... because he will!

Now Jared and Meg ... another unknown anomaly in this all. There seems to be alot more questions than answers, but then, we can't know what Amy doesn't and believe me ... I'm not sure she remembers much before she started to run.

Ms. Jones has found a way to keep us so interested that we don't realize when we are nearing the end of this novel. But if you review it all, not much time passed but so much happened that you can't help but try to get from page to page. What seems like months is actually a couple of weeks.

The sex scenes didn't really get me going and I even spaced out during a few, but that didn't detract from the vibe you got when these two were together. It was a comfortable relationship that had even me wanting to share my secrets with Liam. He is quite the safety net.

I am confused and unsure of where this story is going, but I love the story line, characters and progression. I can't wait to get some answers and see where this road leads. I am unable to pick a side so let's just say I'm on the fence! I don't know what to feel and whose side to take, because I basically trust no one. I expect a lot more heart pounding and anxiety ridden scenes from book 2, but right now I am content with the basics and smooth start of this saga that book 1 provides. Can't wait to put this puzzle together!

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17671483-escaping-reality

No comments:

Post a Comment