Saturday 14 September 2013

Seduced By Melody Anne


Ian is one crazy man, Rachel is extremely unlucky (for now at least). Lia is annoying and frustrating. Shane is too complicated to dissect. Rafe is Rafe and Ari is still Ari. And this is all their stories in one.

There is so many layers to this story. But then, it's six lives ... so it has to be a lot. You are basically getting three love stories in one and sometimes I needed a microscope to see and understand the love. But boy did it all end with one infuriatingly ridiculous bang!

I will admit that either I am getting too familiar with these characters, or a level was set that wasn't met for me within this installment. It eventually picked up, but it didn't hold that original flare that this series normally provide. We took a while to get into the real theatrics and obstacles, and even then, this was extremely mellow. Even the pseudo cast away scene seemed more like paradise than a frightening experience. To be honest, it felt like a really good vacation .Not even the characters wanted to go home o.O 

I missed Rafe's penchant for toeing the line of good and bad and Lia annoyed me to no end. I must not love her as much as Shane, because I gave up on her a long time ago.

This story picks up two years later and as such, I expected much more. This was so tame and I have gotten use to the wild, unorthodox shocks  that are the Surrender series by Melody Anne.

On the bright side, we got to spend more time with Rachel than before, and we got to find out more about Shane, irrespective of how unrealistic his double life is. I know we never spent much time with him before, but this secret life is really out there and unexpected!

I loved Rachel's character and story, even if I think Ian is as crazy as they get, and I have no clue how the man moves from hot, sexy and charming to archaic and quite possibly frightening. There story is one I really look forward to following. I would have preferred if we were done with Shane, Lia, Ari and Rafe's story, and could shift out focus to only Rachel. Afterall, Lia been wanna jump Shane's bones since forever and it's time Ari and Rafe just seal the deal before he turns back into the hulk and she changes her ever unsure mind.

Even being a much tamer version of this series, we still got a cliffhanger ending where NO one is happy or get what they want. Surprisingly though, I have no problem with this, as I love these set of characters and don't mind spending time with them. I am also comfortable with this story because Melody is a romantic, so we know the destination. It's the journey and route that has me puzzled. Still, I can't wait to get to the end of this fantastic series to see how Rafe and Ian can sort through this rather disturbing ending. Throughout the drama and stories within, Rachel and Ian are by far the most interesting, even if they didn't leave us with that crazy ending.

To soften the blow, we don't have that long of a wait, and I can't wait to get to the end of this series. I really hope that we get back that intense, unexpected story line this series is known for. I need dominant Rafe, Ari the minx, bubbly Rachel and lustful Lia. Shane is for another time and Ian is a little crazy. So we'll see where they go from here.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18004471-seduced

No comments:

Post a Comment